Monday, December 20, 2010

Mossy Ridge at Percy Warner

Jimmy and I headed over to Percy Warner for a late day hike of the Mossy Ridge Trail. This roughly 4.5 mile loop sits just north of the Warner Park Nature Center and crosses over a number of the ridges in that area. A really good step-by-step breakdown of Mossy Ridge can be found at cloudhiking.com. Close to Jimmy's new house, Mossy has become his home track of sorts. I, however, was hiking it for the first time fresh off a case of acute bronchitis. Hence, the trail kicked my butt. Going from inhaler to sharp elevation changes might not have been my brightest idea, but I still enjoyed the time outdoors, and we completed the round in about an hour and a half, making it back to our trailhead just as the woods were getting good and dark. Aside from my wheezing, trip highlights included snapping a Blair-Witch photo at the remains of an old cabin and traversing the ridgeline "Tornado Road" while spotting a few deer.

Mossy Ridge at Percy Warner

No comments: