Sunday, June 12, 2011

Radnor Perimeter

On Friday, I hiked the perimeter of Radnor State Park by combining the South Cove, Lake, and Ganier Ridge trails. The roughly 4.5 mile loop combines the two toughest trails at Radnor and offers some decent elevation changes in spots. About a week ago, I hiked the same loop in the opposite direction, and I'm not sure which I like better. Hitting Ganier Ridge first gets the heart pumping immediately, but climbing Ganier at the end really puts the burn into legs that are already tired. Either way, it's a great hike and a decent workout that I can complete in about an hour and a half. Both times around, from the vantage of Otter Creek Road, I saw wading deer—something I'd never seen before at Radnor. On Friday, however, I also marveled at how many "hikers" were oblivious to their surroundings because they were yelling to their companions or cruising along with ear buds. If I wanted shouting and loud music, I'd hit a Zumba class.


Radnor Perimeter

No comments: