Friday, July 29, 2011

Long Hunter Paddle

My knees hurt. Apparently, that's what happens to 40-something-year-old knees when you go from inactivity to aggressive exercise and overdo it. Sidelined by tendonitis, I haven't really done much outdoors this month. But early this morning, I met up with Jimmy and paddled over on Percy Priest Sea. Launching from Long Hunter State Park, we headed south toward the Poole Knobs Recreation Area and executed a figure-8 loop around some of the islands. My intention was to photograph and waypoint any primitive campsites on the islands, but we wound up passing only two. One was the site where C and I camped back in March. The other was on the tip of a small island west of the Poole Knobs peninsula. Both are marked with thumbtacks in the track capture below, and clicking a tack will pull up a picture of the site. In all, we covered 6.7 miles, and we got to see a quiet area of Priest where neither of us had been.


Long Hunter Paddle

No comments: