Thursday, October 22, 2009

Motobecane Fantom 29Pro SL Arrival


My new 29'er mountain bike, a Fantom 29Pro SL from BikesDirect, arrived last night. I was excited it shipped so quickly, but when I first saw the box, I was far from happy. UPS had managed to gouge four large holes in one side. However, after opening the package, I couldn't find any damage to the bike. All seems well so far.

Photobucket Photobucket

Below is a stock photo of the complete bike. I'm going to change out the grips and the pedals, add some rim strips, and perhaps install a longer seat post. At some point, I may also put on tires with a more aggressive tread. After assembly and some trail time, I'll post up a review here.

Photobucket
Click picture to enlarge.

1 comment:

BigWheels said...

I just ordered one of these - I was wondering if you have any info on how your assembly went, photos, etc?