Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hamilton Creek Bailout


Note to self: Get a headlamp for the bike pack.

I hit the Hamilton East trailhead around 6:45, thinking I'd have an hour or so to ride out the trail, but with the fairly dense canopy, it got dark quicker than I thought. My yellow-tinted glasses helped for a while, but by the time I hit the grassy stretch beside the lake, it had gotten too dark to ride with any confidence. The trail was also slippery from some light showers yesterday and today, and my back wheel had been spinning out on roots and rocks the entire ride. When I popped out of the woods, I just called it quits and went over to ride some of the paved road behind the BMX track.

The Garmin put me at 3.41 miles from start to finish on the trail alone. No idea how far I rode on the pavement. The asphalt riding did help clean off my tires, but I also ate a lot of mud splatter.

Hamilton Creek Bail at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail: Share and Plan your Trips

No comments: